Five Star Health, Safety and Environmental Audits
The most comprehensive, contemporary, quantified audit process available, which allows you to test your health, safety and environmental management performance against the latest legislation, recognised standards and best practice techniques.
What is it?
Provides a quantified outcome with detailed recommendations against a contemporary best practice specification (including the requirements of ISO 45001) over and above current OHSMS standard requirements.
The audit specification model includes six best practice indicators which are continually assessed throughout the audit process:
- Stakeholder engagement
- Risk management
- Organisational health and safety culture
- Continual improvement
The audit goes far beyond the requirements of current health and safety management systems such as OHSAS 18001. Undertaking this audit allows you to demonstrate your commitment to achieving excellence in health and safety standards to your employees, clients and other stakeholders.
Who is it for?
Organisation’s within any sector (of any size) who:
(a) require a status assessment of their current OHSMS against best practice
(b) require a structured route toward best practice status.
Why the audit is right for your organisation
The audit goes far beyond the requirements of current health and safety management systems such as ISO 45001-2018. Undertaking this audit allows you to demonstrate your commitment to achieving excellence in health and safety standards to your employees, clients and other stakeholders.
The audit also provides:
- External recognition of OHSMS to best practice standards.
- Demonstration to stakeholders and other interested parties (including regulatory bodies) of commitment toward health and safety
- Structured route toward continual improvement and best practice standards
- Verification and independent recognition of the effectiveness of your health and safety management system(s)
- A comprehensive audit report outlining the findings of the audit, quantified outcomes, associated areas of improvement with detailed recommendations
- Potential for improved safety performance, workforce morale and wellbeing
- Potentially reduced rates of accidents, injuries, ill-health, litigation costs and improved productivity
- Certificate and logo can be used to demonstrate your success
- Enhanced reputation and marketing opportunities.
Request more information about the Five Star Audit from our Sales team.
The audit at a glance
- Five best practice indicators
- Four sections
- Fifty-Eight (58) elements
How does it work?
- On site review of relevant documentation
- Interviews / discussions with relevant stakeholders (including top management)
- Operational sampling
What will your organisation get from the audit?
- Detailed report
- Detailed recommendations and action planning
- Quantified outcome in all 58 elements
- Benchmarking across various aspects of the specification
- Eligibility for sword of honour (if five star achievers)
- Certification of achievement
Why choose us?
Our audit and consultancy services are internationally recognised and are the best way to ensure your health, safety and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) are suitable for your business requirements, promote continual improvement and are effectively implemented.
As part of our own quality control processes, we ensure:
- Our audit and consultancy products are regularly reviewed to meet customer needs, expectations and sector best practice
- Consistently high standards of service are achieved through a robust quality assurance process including auditor standardisation, training and performance monitoring
- Our technical specialists serve on strategic committees for occupational health, safety and environmental standards
- We have a unique internationally recognised best practice (five star) audit process
- Industry recognition from awards such as the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour
Next stepsRequest a call back
“The British Safety Council Five Star audit has provided the basis for assessing and more importantly helping to improve our health, safety and environmental management systems.”
Eligibility for 'Best of the best' Awards
Achieving a five star rating gives you the opportunity to apply for the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour award and be recognised as the ‘best of the best’.